Dental Implants in North Miami Beach, FL
Restore Your Smile’s Health, Function, and Beauty
If you’re missing one or more teeth, dental implants are a popular and effective option for restoring your smile. At Dr. Abbo Advanced Dentistry, Dr. Eli Abbo is one of the best implant dentists in North Miami Beach, FL.
Our team uses the latest technology to plan and place dental implant restorations. Learn more about this treatment and why our office is the top choice for Aventura, Sunny Isles Beach, and Key Biscayne dental implant patients.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of titanium surgically placed into your jawbone. They fuse with the bone during osseointegration to provide a stable and durable base for replacement teeth. These custom restorations can last a lifetime with proper care and aren’t as restrictive or uncomfortable as dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a range of benefits, including:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth and can help improve your smile and overall appearance.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants don’t require adjacent teeth to be altered, unlike other tooth replacement options. This can help maintain your oral health and prevent future dental problems.
- Improved Speech: Missing teeth can affect your ability to speak clearly, but dental implants can help restore your speech.
- Improved Comfort: Dental implants are a permanent solution that won’t slip or shift in your mouth.
- Improved Durability: Dental implants can last many years with proper care and maintenance.
Candidacy for Dental Implants
Not everyone is a candidate for dental implants. Dr. Abbo will assess your oral health and bone density to determine if you’re a good candidate for the procedure. Generally, candidates for dental implants:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have good oral health, with healthy gums and sufficient bone density to support the implant
- Are committed to good oral hygiene and regular dental checkups
- Don’t smoke or are willing to quit smoking for the duration of the implant process
For patients with insufficient jawbone density, we offer bone grafting and sinus augmentation to improve your candidacy for implants in Miami Beach.
The Dental Implant Process
The dental implant process typically involves several steps over two appointments at our North Miami Beach office:
- Consultation: Dr. Abbo will evaluate your oral health and determine if you’re a candidate for dental implants. They’ll also discuss the procedure and what to expect.
- Preparation: If you need a tooth extraction or have damaged teeth that need removal, your dentist in Davie will take care of those procedures first. You may also need bone grafting or other procedures to prepare your jawbone for the implants.
- Implant Placement: During this step, your Davie dentist will surgically place the implant into your jawbone.
- Healing: It can take several months for the implant to fuse with the bone in a process called osseointegration. During this time, you’ll follow a special diet and oral hygiene regimen to help ensure successful healing.
- Abutment Placement: Once the implant has fused with the bone, Dr. Abbo will attach an abutment to the implant, which will hold the replacement tooth or teeth.
- Restoration: Finally, Dr. Abbo will attach the dental crown to the abutment, completing the dental implant process.
Dental Implant Aftercare
After your dental implant procedure, follow Dr. Abbo’s instructions for aftercare. This may include:
- Eating a soft diet for a few days or weeks to allow the implant site to heal
- Avoiding hard or sticky foods that could damage the implant
- Brushing and flossing regularly to maintain good oral hygiene
- Attending regular dental checkups to monitor the implant and ensure its long-term success
Frequently Asked Questions
How painful is getting a dental implant?
Getting a dental implant is generally not painful because the procedure is performed using local anesthesia to numb the area around the implant site. Some discomfort and swelling may occur in the days following the procedure. Your dentist may prescribe pain medication to help manage any discomfort during recovery.
How many teeth do you need for implants?
Dental implants can replace one or multiple missing teeth. The number of teeth that need to be replaced will depend on the individual patient’s needs and the recommendation of the dentist or oral surgeon.
Are you asleep for dental implants?
It’s possible to undergo dental implant surgery under sedation or general anesthesia. Most dental implant procedures are performed using local anesthesia to numb the area around the implant site. Your dentist will discuss the options for anesthesia with you and determine the best approach based on your individual needs and preferences.
Does insurance cover dental implants?
Dental insurance coverage for dental implants can vary depending on the policy. Some dental insurance plans may cover a portion of the cost of dental implant surgery, while others may not cover any part of the cost. Check with your dental insurance provider to understand the specific coverage and any out-of-pocket fees you may be responsible for.
Ask Us How We Can Help Your Smile
You deserve the highest quality solution for your dental needs. Thankfully, dental implants can help patients reclaim their smile through permanent restorative treatment. Learn more about how we can improve the quality of your teeth by calling our North Miami Beach office at (305) 945-0909 or filling out an online contact form through our website.Contact Us