Dental Implants in North Miami Beach, FL
Restoring Your Natural Smile
Patients with missing teeth understand the importance of a complete smile. Thankfully, with the expertise of Dr. Abbo, your smile can be restored with dental implants, which offers a natural-looking and permanent solution that’ll make your pearly whites camera-ready. Along with functional and cosmetic benefits, dental implants will help preserve your facial structure while also promoting the overall health of your jawbone.
Dentists everywhere consider dental implants to be the gold standard of restorative dentistry. By inserting a lightweight titanium implant directly into your jaw, you can be confident in knowing that you’ll have a smile that’s reliable and lasts a lifetime.
Learn more about dental implants by exploring our guide below.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants allow patients to achieve a perfect smile by replacing any number of missing teeth, restoring their confidence while also improving their ability to speak and eat. Each implant is made of three parts. First, titanium posts are inserted and secured in the jawbone, with the abutment then being placed to connect the implant to a custom dental crown. While other treatments are available, no other restorative procedures will look or function more like your natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the permanent and most effective solution for restoring your teeth. These implants are designed to mimic your natural tooth structure and blend perfectly with your surrounding smile. Through a process known as osseointegration, the titanium rods that are inserted will slowly fuse with your jaw, giving the necessary stimulation it needs to prevent bone disintegration.
Our North Miami Beach office recommends dental implants for a variety of reasons:
- Long-Lasting: Your dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care. This includes brushing your teeth at least twice a day, flossing daily, and scheduling bi-annual checkups with Dr. Abbo.
- Durable Strength: Dental implants are strong enough to withstand the pressure of eating or speaking, allowing you to enjoy an active lifestyle without potentially damaging your new teeth.
- Natural Appearance: The only visible part of your implants are the customized dental crowns that sit above your gum line. Each set of dental implants are specially designed to blend with the rest of your natural teeth, giving you that complete smile.
- Preventative Treatment: Dental implants will support your jaw structure and stimulate new bone growth due to the titanium post taking the place of your missing tooth.
- Minimal Care: Your implants can be cared for just like your normal teeth. Our office also recommends scheduling regular dental maintenance appointments with our expert dentists Drs. Bill and Eli Abbo to monitor your implants.
Are You A Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the best option for patients with one or more missing teeth. While the procedure doesn’t require you to be in perfect oral health, not everyone will immediately be a candidate for treatment and may require supplemental procedures. It’s important to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists to determine if you’re a perfect fit for dental implant treatment.
The Dental Implant Process
Your journey to a perfect smile begins with an initial consultation at Dr. Abbo Advanced Dentistry. We’ll evaluate your oral health to determine if any underlying issues need to be addressed before placing your dental implants. This can include giving you a professional cleaning and taking X-rays of your jawbone to determine whether it’s stable enough to support the implants. If necessary, our dentists may recommend a supplemental procedure to create a better foundation for your restorations.
Placing Your Titanium Posts
Once your smile is ready, you’ll visit our North Miami Beach office again for the placement procedure. First, we’ll conduct another deep cleaning of your mouth before a local anesthesia is applied to make sure you don’t experience any discomfort. Our expert prosthodontist will then surgically place your implant directly into your jawbone. Over the course of a few months, your implants will naturally fuse with the jaw through osseointegration. During this time, you’ll wear temporary crowns that protect your gums and allow them to heal.
Receiving Your Custom Crowns
After your implants have healed, you’ll return to our office a second time to place your personalized dental crowns. These porcelain restorations will be designed to match the size, shape, and color of your smile. You’ll leave our office that day with newfound confidence, having improved the functionality and appearance of your teeth.
At-Home Dental Implant Care
Since dental implants are designed to mimic your natural tooth structure, you can take care of them as if they were your real teeth. Just brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste, along with regular flossing once a day. Avoid snapping the floss down onto your gums to prevent pain and possible damage.
You can follow our guidelines below to ensure the health of your implants:
- Avoid Abrasive Toothpaste: Your porcelain crowns are susceptible to scratches when you use whitening toothpaste with gritty elements such as baking soda and charcoal.
- Be Careful of Stains: Certain substances such as coffee, wine, and berries can permanently stain your natural teeth and cause your crowns to stand out.
- Biannual Visit: It’s important to visit our North Miami Beach dental office at least twice a year so that our dentists can monitor your teeth and provide any necessary treatments such as implant adjustments or cleanings.
By caring for your dental implants and practicing a good oral hygiene regimen, you can make your crowns last for 25 years or more before they have to be replaced.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the dental implant procedure painful?
Dental implant surgery is completed with anesthetics to ensure you feel no pain during the procedure. After the numbness subsides, any discomfort you experience afterwards should be gone within a week. In certain cases, we can offer dental sedation services. Talk to Dr. Abbo prior to your procedure to discuss your options.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants are not only safe, but can also promote better oral health for the rest of your smile by preventing jawbone deterioration, making them the safest long-term restorative treatment option. The surgical procedure is also safe as long as it’s performed by one of our experienced dentists. You can rest easy knowing that your implants will help revitalize your smile and protect it for years to come.
Ask Us How We Can Help Your Smile
You deserve the highest quality solution for your dental needs. Thankfully, dental implants can help patients reclaim their smile through permanent restorative treatment. Learn more about how we can improve the quality of your teeth by calling our North Miami Beach office at (305) 945-0909 or filling out an online contact form through our website.Contact Us