The Perfect Solution for Missing Teeth
Are you looking for an affordable way to replace up to four missing teeth in a row? Fixed dental bridges, provided by the expert team at Dr. Abbo Advanced Dentistry in North Miami Beach, FL, are an excellent solution for individuals with missing teeth. These non-removable appliances offer a natural-looking and functional tooth-loss solution. Learn more with Dr. Eli Abbo, one of the best dentists in Dade County.
What Are Fixed Dental Bridges?
Fixed dental bridges are a popular and effective solution for restoring your smile and improving oral functionality. Fixed bridges consist of crowns placed on neighboring teeth (abutment teeth) with artificial teeth (pontics) to fill the gaps. This restoration provides natural-looking results and offers benefits such as improved confidence, restored functionality, and prevention of tooth shifting.
Benefits of Fixed Dental Bridges
Fixed dental bridges offer several advantages for individuals with missing teeth:
- Restored Confidence: Bridges improve your smile, filling in gaps and restoring your self-esteem.
- Enhanced Functionality: With missing teeth replaced, you can speak and chew properly, improving overall oral function.
- Prevent Shifting of Teeth: Bridges help prevent the remaining teeth from shifting out of position, maintaining proper dental alignment.
- Improved Facial Structure: By filling in the gaps, bridges help maintain the natural shape of your face.
- Long-Lasting Solution: Fixed bridges are a durable and long-lasting option for tooth replacement, providing years of functionality.
Candidacy For Fixed Dental Bridges
To determine whether you are a suitable candidate for fixed dental bridges, a comprehensive dental examination is necessary. Factors considered include the condition of your existing teeth, the health of your gums and jawbone, and your overall oral health. Your dentist will evaluate these factors and discuss the best treatment options for your specific case.
How Do Fixed Dental Bridges Work?
The process of getting fixed dental bridges involves multiple steps:
- Preparation: The abutment teeth on either side of the gap are prepared by removing a portion of the enamel. This creates space for the placement of the crowns.
- Impressions: Dr. Abbo will take impressions of your teeth to create custom-made bridges that fit perfectly.
- Temporary Bridge: While your permanent bridge is being fabricated, Dr. Abbo will place a temporary bridge to protect the prepared teeth.
- Fitting: On your next visit, your dentist will carefully check the fit of the permanent bridge. Adjustments will be made as needed to ensure a comfortable and precise fit.
- Final Placement: Once the bridge fits perfectly, Dr. Abbo will cement it in place, creating a stable and functional tooth replacement.
After the placement of your fixed dental bridge, proper oral care is essential. Maintain a good oral hygiene routine, including regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups. Your North Miami Beach, FL, dentist will provide specific instructions for maintaining the longevity and functionality of your bridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a fixed bridge last?
With proper care and maintenance, a fixed bridge can last anywhere from eight to 15 years. Regular dental check-ups and a diligent oral hygiene routine, including brushing and flossing, are crucial for ensuring the longevity of your bridge. Schedule biannual visits for professional cleanings to keep it in top shape.
How much is a fixed bridge?
The cost of a fixed bridge can vary depending on several factors, including the number of teeth being replaced, the materials used, and the complexity of the individual case. To obtain an accurate estimate, schedule a consultation for a cost breakdown for the fixed bridge.
How many teeth do you get with a fixed bridge?
The number of teeth you receive with a fixed bridge depends on your specific dental condition. A fixed bridge typically replaces one or more missing teeth. It consists of artificial teeth called pontics, which fill the gaps left by the missing teeth, and the adjacent abutment teeth that support the bridge. Your dentist will evaluate your situation and determine the number of teeth required for your bridge.
Is a fixed bridge better than dentures?
Both fixed bridges and dentures have their advantages and considerations. A fixed bridge offers a more stable and permanent solution compared to dentures, as it’s securely anchored to adjacent teeth or dental implants. Fixed bridges also provide improved aesthetics and functionality, allowing you to chew and speak with ease. The best choice between a fixed bridge and dentures depends on your dental needs and preferences.
Restore Your Healthy Smile with Dental Bridge Solutions
At Dr. Abbo Advanced Dentistry in North Miami Beach, fixed dental bridges are offered as a reliable and long-lasting solution for replacing missing teeth. Led by our expert team, we provide exceptional dental care and tailor-made bridges that restore your smile, enhance functionality, and maintain proper dental alignment.
To learn more about the benefits of fixed dental bridges and explore whether they are the right choice for you, contact our office at 305-945-0909. Take the first step towards improving your oral health and confidence by scheduling a consultation. We welcome patients from North Miami, Miami Gardens, and Sunny Isles Beach, FL.